Merrill Gardens at First Hill
March 17, 2020
We want to let you know that based on the Executive Order from Governor Jay Inslee today we are implementing our Enhanced Resident Protection Protocol for the Merrill Gardens communities in Washington. The Governor has ordered the closure of all restaurants in the state and has limited gatherings to under 50 people. Given these new restrictions and based on guidance from the local health officials and the Centers for Disease Control, we believe it is now important to take these additional steps. Here is what that entails when it becomes effective on Tuesday March 17:
- We will no longer allow visitors to enter the community at this time.
- If family members need to bring essential supplies to a resident, our team will meet them outside and deliver the items to the resident’s apartment.
- The dining room will now be closed.
- Residents will now receive all meals via cart service to their apartments.
Residents Remain in Apartments:
- During this time, residents will need to remain in their apartments
Keeping in Touch:
- We will be assisting residents with the use of technology to keep in touch with loved ones.
We understand that family members may choose to have a resident live with them during this time and our team will be able to accommodate you as needed. We do ask that the resident remain with the family until we can resume normal operations. Please coordinate with me before the resident returns so we can implement our screening protocol.
We thank you for your support and understanding and encourage you to please reach out to me if you have any specific questions. We will also continue to provide updates with any new information via email and on the community website pages. You can also reach out to us on our hotline at 206-676-5330.
It is often said that it takes a village and we are very grateful for the village of people that support our communities.